Savings: Income & savings levels rise slightly despite the recession

A new report from financial services company, Aviva, has shown a slight easing in the state of families finances in the UK, although single parents are finding life harder. Household income The Aviva Family Finances Report, which questions 12,000 families, showed that the average UK family takes home £2,150 per month after tax. Despite the tough economic climate and low wage inflation this represents a 4% rise on this time last year; above the current rate of inflation. Our advisers can ...

Families fail to take up workplace pensions

Two fifths of families say they cannot afford to pay into a pension. Many workers would be happy to pay in to a pension if their employer contributed as well. The majority of British families are not paying into a workplace pension scheme, according to new research from an insurance firm. The Aviva Family Finances Report revealed that just 28% of families contribute to their work pension. The majority of the other 72% said that affordability was one of the main reasons why they did not have a pension. Two fifths of all respondents said they cannot afford to belong to an existing workplace ...